Thursday, November 29, 2018

Our Business Philosophy

    I opened Golf Rx in February of 2010 after nearly 25 years in the golf business. I had a concept in mind of an indoor golf studio to provide instruction, custom fit equipment and club repair services. After a lot of soul searching and support from family and friends I decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship.
    Let's be honest though, starting a new business is a risky undertaking. According to the Small Business Administration 50% of new businesses fail after the first five years and 66% during the first ten years. So how was I going to avoid becoming one of these statistics?
    Golf enthusiasts have lots of options when it comes to taking lessons, buying equipment and having their clubs worked on. How was I going to make them want to come to Golf Rx rather than the big box stores, franchises and the internet?
    The only thing I could do to set myself apart was to provide better customer service and a higher level of knowledge and expertise. My goal was to have each and every customer leave my shop 100 percent satisfied. If so I felt they would tell their friends and if their friends visited and were happy they would tell their friends.
     You don't develop a business reputation overnight - it takes years and you start with one customer at a time. I am happy to say that nearly ten years later I have hundreds of repeat customers and many new ones that are referred here.
     This holiday season I would like to thank my many friends and customers for your continued support and to wish you a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

Steve Kirkpatrick
PGA Professional / Owner
Golf Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment